When the weather gives you an excuse to cozy up in cable-knit sweaters, boots and scarves, you seize the opportunity! Guess that means c'est la vie to those cute sandals
and pretty pedicured toes. Wait, not so fast! Just because your little piggies won’t get as much play time outside of your favorite Fall Footwear, does NOT mean you can neglect those 10 phalanges
. In fact, your feet need more care than ever to offset the squish they’ll get inside pointy stilettos and leather-made boots.
Get your feet feeling fine with a DIY Fall pedicure
Once a month, prepare your soles for a wonderful treat:
- Soak your feet in a tub of warm water with 1 cup of Epsom salt for 15 minutes to allow muscles to relax. If you’re setting aside 15 minutes, might as well get the most of out it -- light a smell-good candle, turn on some tunes or grab a book, and unwind.
- Combine brown sugar, coconut oil, and vanilla essential oil into a bowl and scrub-a-dub-dub.
- Trim and file your nails to a moderate length (not too long or too short). Make sure to shape toenails straight across to prevent ingrown nails. Ouch!
- Massage your feet with Kapuluan Cold Pressed Raw Organic Coconut Oil. Focus on spreading the toes apart and using thumbs in a circular motion to release tension.
- Wipe off each nail with rubbing alcohol, nail polish remover or warm water to prime the nail for the polish.
- Paint on a base coat, then your pretty RMS Beauty polish. Allow a few minutes to dry a bit before applying your second coat or top coat.
- Wait at least an hour before putting on socks and shoes to allow paint to dry. For extra coziness while protecting your polish job, slip on leg warmers.
Products we love:
- Kapuluan coconut products smell delicious, absorb quickly and are highly moisturizing, while rich in nourishing Vitamin E and antioxidants.
- RMS Beauty nail polish is formulated without harmful chemicals, is cruelty-free, vegan, a comes in array of fun shades.
- ToeSox Leg Warmers come in 3 styles and several colors. It's sweater for your legs!