Americans say adieu to summertime vibes and bikinis over Labor Day weekend, but Summer isn’t officially over until September 21 (Autumn Equinox). We’re still in the middle of our beach-bound daydreams and aren’t quite ready to slip into Fall, so we're finding time for a Summer vacation
. If you can't take time off work, don’t worry – we’ll help make your workday feel like a holiday.
10 ways to make your workday feel like a Summer vacation
- Walk in and out of the office with sunglasses on (like you just walked off the beach)
- Change your screensaver on your computer and phone to a beach image – the more turquoise the water the better
- Turn your morning smoothie into an umbrella drink (sans the rum, of course)
- If the AC is blasting, swap your office throw blanket for an oversized beach towel or your cardigan for a boho kimono
- Get a pedicure immediately and show off your colorful toes in a cute pair of sandals
- Put a vase of tropical flowers on your desk, like plumeria, gardenia, jasmine and stargazer lilies
- Lather on SPF lotion and spend your lunch break outside in the sun
- Nosh on fish tacos and sip on coconut water
- Use your morning and afternoon breaks reading a juicy beach novel
- Take a midday selfie with a filter than gives your skin a smooth bronzed tone
Bonus: Plan a post-work happy hour with friends and cheers to a great Summer day
Going on a mental holiday is sometimes more important than the tangible travel experience
. If you work hard (and we know you do), then it’s important to balance it all out with a bit of fun – even if it’s in the midst of your 9-5 job.